I’ve started up again with my recipe swap ladies and I was excited that this weeks theme was “fast and easy”. Work has been crazy so “fast and easy” is about all I can cook right now. Plus it was meat free and perfect for a Friday during Lent.
I was assigned Three Cheese Garden Pizza from Lauren check out the recipe on her blog here: Lauren’s Kitchen.
This recipe was a hit with my husband and I would absolutely make it again. The other plus to this is that you can vary the veggies based on whats in the fridge and I always love a way to use up veggies at the end of the week!
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup asparagus tips
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Lauren’s recipe called for 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced. I skipped that part in favor of asparagus tips because I’m not a fan of mushrooms but you could do both mushrooms and asparagus if you like them both!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Using lightly floured roller, roll pizza crust into a 14-inch circle on large round stone. Bake crust 7 minutes. Remove from oven; place on cooling rack.
2. Using a mandolin slicer fitted with v-shaped blade, slice onion, zucchini and tomatoes. If you don’t have a slicer just cut them very thinly so they will cook evenly.
3. Using a garlic press, press garlic over crust; spread evenly. Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheeses evenly over crust; top evenly with onion, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes. Grate Parmesan cheese over vegetables. Sprinkle with seasoning mix. Bake 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown; remove from oven. Cut into wedges.