Chocolate Andes Mint Pie
26 plain chocolate cookies, crushed
1/3 c. melted butter
2 c. whipping cream, divided
10 oz. Andes chocolate mints, divided
1/2 c. milk
3 1/2 c. miniature marshmallows
1 tbsp. sugar
1. Combine crushed cookies and butter
2. Press firmly on bottom and up sides of 9″ pie plate.
3. Over low heat, bring 1/4 cup cream just to a simmer. Turn off heat.
(I really prefer to use a double boiler its MUCH easier to control the heat and less likely to burn)
4. Add 28 Andes mints and stir until melted and smooth
5. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons for garnish in a dish off to the side.
6. Spread remaining sauce on bottom of pie crust.
7. Place in freezer.
8. (In the same pot as before again I prefer double boiler) Over low heat, melt marshmallows in milk, stirring constantly.
9. Add 28 Andes Candies; stir until melted and smooth.
10. Refrigerate until cool. (this could take a while)
11. Beat 1 1/4 cups whipping cream until stiff.
12. stir/fold into COLD marshmallow mixture.
13. Spoon into pie crust.
14. Drizzle with reserved chocolate sauce. (you may have to re-heat it in the microwave to soften)
15. Refrigerate until chilled.
16. Before serving, whip remaining 1/2 cup cream and sugar; pipe or spoon over filling.
17. Chop remaining 4 Andes mints; sprinkle over pie.
This is always a crowd pleaser. It’s great in the summer since its cool and doesn’t require an oven but also great in the winter when chocolate and mint is a great treat.