This is a great breakfast treat. To make it healthier change the add-ins. Raisins, Cranberries, almonds, or anything else you can think of. You can use two toppings at 1/3 cups each.
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup rice cereal
1 cup instant oats
1/3 cup dried Cranberries
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl combine rice cereal, rolled oats and raisins. Set aside.
2. Melt peanut butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until smooth and combined.
3. Pour peanut butter mixture over rice cereal mixture and stir until all of the cereal and oats are coated.
4. Allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes then gently stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour mixture onto parchment paper and flatten and let cool.
6. Place in fridge and cut into bars.
If you purchase and use gluten free rice cereal and you can tolerate the gluten free instant oats then this recipe is gluten free friendly.