These are GREAT!!! By far the best I have had yet, and we’ve been on a search to find the perfect one for a long time!
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (Ghirardelli brand)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
-1/2 cup plus 3-4 tablespoons
– 3 tablespoons of potato starch
– 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch
-1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and grease a 8-inch x 8-inch or 9-inch x 9-inch square pan.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugars, salt, flour and chocolate chips. Add the eggs, oil and coffee, mixing just until smooth. Spoon the mixture into pan, smoothing the top.
Bake the brownies for about 35 minutes (for the 9-inch pan), or 45 minutes (for the 8-inch pan), or until a knife inserted in middle comes out with a few moist crumbs. Place the pan of brownies on a cooling rack and allow them to cool for 1 hour before slicing into small squares. Store the brownies in an airtight container with wax paper in between the layers for up to 3 days.