- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2+ cup granulated sugar (I added in a little more)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 3/4+ cup honey (I added in a little more)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Into a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
These can be baked one of two ways:
Grease with Oil or Butter your cast iron skillet and bake
Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.