My recipe for this recipe swap was French Dip Sandwiches. It was slow cooker week and this was one I knew my husband and I would love. I was happy to see that the cook time was 10-12 hours which for us is perfect since we work in the city. This recipe was AMAZING. Both of us enjoyed it so much. I just made a green veggie to eat on the side and served it like that. I didn’t eat much of the bread to keep it a little lower carb but even without the bread it was fantastic. I did make a couple of adjustments to the recipe to make the flavor a little stronger but here is the original http://allrecipes.com/recipe/french-dip-sandwiches/
12 Hrs 10 Min
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef roast
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder
- French bread
- Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker. I used an angus beef pot roast so there wasn’t much fat on it and I did leave just a little bit of fat on for flavor.
- Combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder in the slow cooker then add enough water to almost cover roast. Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork, and distribute on bread for sandwiches. Used reserved broth for dipping.
I can’t wait to make this one again for friends!!