M&M Peanut Butter Bars
adapted from http://www.notrachaelray.com/
3/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
2 large eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick, for example)
1 bag of M&Ms (I used regular)
1. Preheat oven to 325*F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine peanut butter and eggs until well mixed and smooth.
3. Add in brown sugar and stir until combined.
4. Stir in baking mix until moistened.
5. Fold in M&Ms. Not all of the M&Ms stuck in the batter (or perhaps it would be more accurate to call it dough). I just shoved them in when I put it all in the pan.
6. Spread mixture in greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
I adjusted this recipe. Having never baked with Bisquick I didn’t have it in the house and it was snowing out….soooo leaving the house wasn’t the best option. I decided to look up Bisquick and I found this on Wikipedia:
One cup of Bisquick can be substituted by a mix of one cup of flour, 1½ teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil or melted butter.
Perfect! I used Canola oil and they are AMAZING. I’m taking them to watch a football game at a friends house.