Another great recipe from Lauren’s Kitchen Blog I’ve seen this recipe traveling around the internet before so I decided to give it a try after she raved about it on her blog. I used my easy buttercream recipe to ice the cupcakes.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (I also omitted this and just used a little extra vanilla.)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter and flour three 9 inch cake pans (I used cupcake liners and cupcake pan it made 2.5 dozen full cupcakes).
3. In a mixing bowl cream butter and gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. In another bowl sift flour with baking powder and salt.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and flavorings, beating after each addition until smooth.
7. Pour batter into prepared pans.
8. Bake for 25-30 mins.
9. Cool in pans 10 mins and remove from pans to finish cooling.
10. Top with frosting.
I usually bake them the night before I need to eat them so I can frost before eating and make sure the cakse are thoroughly cooled and won’t melt my icing.